If someone had told you 15 years ago that esports championships would be no less popular than competitions in other sports that are more familiar to us, you would have considered him crazy.
Related To This: The Contenders for the 2022/23 Champions League
However, computer game developers such as Blizzard and Valve, who have gathered millions of fans around their creations, have done their job and now millions of gamers from all over the world follow championships in one or another eSports discipline. You can view the schedule of all upcoming matches and tournaments, as well as read the latest news from the world of eSports.
So, the most popular disciplines include:
- Dota 2;
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive;
- CoD Warzone;
In addition, there are other games in which championships and competitions are held.
In this regard, some gamers are thinking about becoming esportsmen too. Therefore, today we decided to discuss the pros and cons. The decision, as always, is yours.
Pros and cons of esports
Before, you need to evaluate all the advantages and disadvantages of this type of activity and decide whether you really want it.
So, the advantages of eSports include:
- Opportunity to turn your passion into a profitable profession.
- By becoming a professional gamer, you will be able to receive not only prize money for winning tournaments but also salary, as well as interest from advertising. Companies sign long-term contracts with the best players, which provide for rather large fees, comparable in size to the fees of professional athletes.
- Professional players receive recognition not only among gamers but also become popular media people who are asked for autographs, invited to interviews, filmed in commercials, and more.
- The opportunity to see the world by participating in international tournaments that can be held in various countries of the world. At the same time, the organizers pay for your accommodation, and meals, compensate for the cost of the flight, and also help with obtaining a visa.
- Your education, country of residence, appearance, and other factors are absolutely unimportant. Only the professionalism of the player is taken into account.
- The absence of doping means that everything depends only on you and the coordination of the team’s actions.
- After the end of the career of a professional gamer, cyber sportsmen go into the field of analytics, management, streaming, or become bookmakers. In addition, do not forget that a couple of victories in major championships can provide a person for the rest of his life.
However, it is worth considering the disadvantages of professional gaming, among which the following should be highlighted:
- There is no guarantee that you will achieve high results. In esports, success comes to those who have excellent motor skills, high reaction speed, the ability to make the right decisions, as well as be good strategists and tacticians.
- You will need to invest in a more powerful computer and a quality monitor, as well as purchase a professional gaming headset, mouse, and keyboard. In addition, at the beginning of his career, travel to tournaments, hotel accommodation, etc. you will pay by yourself.
- Training will take you 6-8, or even 12-14 hours a day, so you are unlikely to be able to combine e-sports with study, work, or personal life.
- Esports involves a sedentary lifestyle, which can negatively affect your health.
At the beginning of a career, you should not hope for a high and stable income. Basically, you will only receive prize money, and then only if you win or enter the TOP of the best players.